Warmest Greetings to All of TEA's Families!
I hope everyone enjoys the busy, festive holiday season, and that you give yourselves permission for “school-closed” days to celebrate and recreate together if this is a holiday season for you. Even if this is not your holiday time, take advantage of the slower pace to enjoy each other. Make sure you take time to unwind between now and when you get back to school full-swing. We’ll all be hitting the ground running in the New Year, but for now, relax and savor some sweet family moments.
My office is now closed for the holidays and will re-open Tuesday, January 17th. I will monitor email occasionally during that time and reply to urgent needs. Otherwise, I will reply once back in the saddle in 2017!
I’d like to thank all of the kids (young and old) who are wishing for snow. Over and over my mind keeps playing, Let it Snow, Let it Snow, Let it Snow! Yes, I’m hoping for mountains of the white stuff, so you Grinches, please join us in wishing for lots of Frosty 'building material' this year!
And, finally, thank you for the gift of allowing me to play a small role in the lives of your precious children and for your friendship. I can't imagine any better job for a retired homeschool Mom! I look forward to seeing you in the New Year!
Warmest of Wishes to All!
Note to Inquiring Families: Thank you for your interest, but enrollment is closed for the 2017-2018 school year.
The Excelsior Academy
The Excelsior Academy (TEA) is a highly respected home education oversight program registered with the Maryland State Department of Education to provide legal oversight to Maryland homeschool students. It is directed by a home education professional with 30 years experience in the field. TEA knows that each child deserves a truly individualized learning experience and gives families the freedom to create a learning program that best meets their child's needs while fully complying with all State regulations. TEA is supportive of all homeschool methods, from traditional to whole child-centered, and has no religious affiliation requirements.
What are people saying about TEA?
- Thank you so much for all that you do!!! I feel so blessed to have found The Excelsior Academy, and just in case you ever forget, you are making life and homeschooling infinitely better for all the families who have come after you!
- Again, I can't begin to tell you what a wonderful experience TEA has been. You have been so wonderful in providing information and any and all help we have needed both academically and emotionally. Your knowledge extends to all aspects of education. You have been truly invaluable!
- One of the best things about you is your ability to make us feel that the world is open to us and all we have to do is reach for it. :) My daughter was smiling from ear to ear when we finished and I felt very relieved also.
- Thank you for all you do. You always make things special and fun for the kids. We love your attitude and enthusiasm.
- You are ever so thoughtful and making people feel so welcome. And as always, it was so great to see your smiling face and feel the exuberant presence you bring to a room. We as TEA families are blessed to have you as our "fearless leader".
- Thank you so much for a wonderful graduation celebration today! My family and I were so impressed with how warm and intimate the commencement ceremony was. My mother in law even commented that this was the "best" graduation she has ever attended (and she has been to quite a few for her grandchildren. I am extremely honored to be a part of The Excelsior Academy family.
- Thanks for all you did for us. Homeschooling was the best decision we could have made.
- You words of encouragement kept me going many a day.
- Our homeschool community is so blessed to have you as a leader. The love and dedication you give to each and every kid is just amazing!
- I remember last summer when I was thinking about doing this and full of fear - you said "if you do this, I guarantee when we talk next year you'll tell me your son is happier, is making friends and things are working much better." Well, you were completely right. Your words stuck with me and it has all come true. I'm taking it a year at a time - but I must say I can't really see myself ever sending him back to traditional school. We'll see, but for now, this is working!! Thanks a bunch