Dear TEA Friends,
As we reach the conclusion of another school year, we are looking ahead to TEA’s Eighteenth Annual Commencement Ceremony with all of its warmth and pomp. It is always such a bittersweet experience and my favorite day of the year. Congratulations to TEA’s Class of 2016 — the INCRED16LEs! We wish you the very best as you celebrate this awesome accomplishment and prepare for your next adventures! These Fabulous Young People are sure to make our world a much better place to live now and for future generations.
Office Closed This Week: TEA’s office is closed this week for commencement preparations and re-opens after Memorial Day on May 31st.
New Family Inquiries: During this busy review season I am out of the office several days a week meeting with our families. Families who are inquiring about TEA for next school year should read the information on our website and then submit the form on the Enrollment link to let me know of their interest. My response time varies due to my many out-of-office days. Using this online form is the only way inquiring families can get a reply from my office. I look forward to chatting with you!
Newsletters: Keep your eye out for our newsletters over the summer months so you can register for our fall test dates, Teen Kick-Off, Class Meetings, and other events. TEA’s Clubs will also be put in high gear this summer, so you won’t want to miss out on those!
Summer Office Dates: Starting June 20th (also the first day of summer!), TEA’s office will be open during the weeks of July 18th and August 15th, and will re-open for the school year on September 12th. During the weeks the office is closed, I will be away on vacation and spending time with my family, as well as working behind the scenes preparing for the new school year and conducting consultations with new families and upperclassmen/women.
Email is always the best way to reach me and get a reply. I will check email on some days that the office is closed, but please do not count on any certain regularity since I am not totally sure what my summer schedule will be. Voicemail will not be monitored during closed weeks, so please contact me by email. NOTE: If you need important paperwork generated and/or signed, please email me right away and give as much lead time as possible.
Have a fun Memorial Weekend and enjoy the remaining weeks of the school year!
Note to Inquiring Families: Limited enrollment is still available. Please contact TEA as explained below.
Are you interested in learning more about how The Excelsior Academy supports families and students in their education endeavor? Then please take time to read the information on our website to learn about our enrollment options, and our activities and services specifically for 7th to 12th graders, including college admission counseling. If you would like more information, please submit the information requested using the online inquiry form under “Enrollment", and I will reply as soon as my schedule allows. Using this online form is the only way inquiring families can get a reply from my office. I look forward to chatting with you!
The Excelsior Academy
The Excelsior Academy (TEA) is a highly respected home education oversight program registered with the Maryland State Department of Education to provide legal oversight to Maryland homeschool students. It is directed by a home education professional with 30 years experience in the field. TEA knows that each child deserves a truly individualized learning experience and gives families the freedom to create a learning program that best meets their child's needs while fully complying with all State regulations. TEA is supportive of all homeschool methods, from traditional to whole child-centered, and has no religious affiliation requirements.
What are people saying about TEA?
- Thank you so much for all that you do!!! I feel so blessed to have found The Excelsior Academy, and just in case you ever forget, you are making life and homeschooling infinitely better for all the families who have come after you!
- Again, I can't begin to tell you what a wonderful experience TEA has been. You have been so wonderful in providing information and any and all help we have needed both academically and emotionally. Your knowledge extends to all aspects of education. You have been truly invaluable!
- One of the best things about you is your ability to make us feel that the world is open to us and all we have to do is reach for it. :) My daughter was smiling from ear to ear when we finished and I felt very relieved also.
- Thank you for all you do. You always make things special and fun for the kids. We love your attitude and enthusiasm.
- You are ever so thoughtful and making people feel so welcome. And as always, it was so great to see your smiling face and feel the exuberant presence you bring to a room. We as TEA families are blessed to have you as our "fearless leader".
- Thank you so much for a wonderful graduation celebration today! My family and I were so impressed with how warm and intimate the commencement ceremony was. My mother in law even commented that this was the "best" graduation she has ever attended (and she has been to quite a few for her grandchildren. I am extremely honored to be a part of The Excelsior Academy family.
- Thanks for all you did for us. Homeschooling was the best decision we could have made.
- You words of encouragement kept me going many a day.
- Our homeschool community is so blessed to have you as a leader. The love and dedication you give to each and every kid is just amazing!
- I remember last summer when I was thinking about doing this and full of fear - you said "if you do this, I guarantee when we talk next year you'll tell me your son is happier, is making friends and things are working much better." Well, you were completely right. Your words stuck with me and it has all come true. I'm taking it a year at a time - but I must say I can't really see myself ever sending him back to traditional school. We'll see, but for now, this is working!! Thanks a bunch