Welcome to the 2016-2017 school year! As you hit the ground running, please review TEA’s Fall Events and register ASAP as needed. Our first event is Friday, September 30th and deadlines are fast approaching, so please don’t delay in taking action to participate in these activities.
Our fall agenda includes TEA Times featuring great speakers, teen social time, student club happenings and more, including our costume party in October! And, don’t miss “The Circus is Coming!’, our teen kick-off event for 7th to 12th graders where you’ll enjoy good old-fashioned carnival fun …. circus costumes encouraged!
Leadership development opportunities abound this fall for 8th to 12th graders, including career exploration in a variety of fields in locations such as NYC and Orlando. And, what would the fall be without group testing for 7th to 11th graders? All right, maybe that is not as thrilling, but still important!
I’m so excited to share the new school year with you and offer these events for our families!! So, please RUN - don’t WALK - to the Members' Events Page and register for whatever interests your student. Don’t let those pesky deadlines get the better of you!
Note to Inquiring Families: Thank you for your interest, but enrollment is closed for the 2016-2017 school year.
The Excelsior Academy
The Excelsior Academy (TEA) is a highly respected home education oversight program registered with the Maryland State Department of Education to provide legal oversight to Maryland homeschool students. It is directed by a home education professional with 30 years experience in the field. TEA knows that each child deserves a truly individualized learning experience and gives families the freedom to create a learning program that best meets their child's needs while fully complying with all State regulations. TEA is supportive of all homeschool methods, from traditional to whole child-centered, and has no religious affiliation requirements.
What are people saying about TEA?
- Thank you so much for all that you do!!! I feel so blessed to have found The Excelsior Academy, and just in case you ever forget, you are making life and homeschooling infinitely better for all the families who have come after you!
- Again, I can't begin to tell you what a wonderful experience TEA has been. You have been so wonderful in providing information and any and all help we have needed both academically and emotionally. Your knowledge extends to all aspects of education. You have been truly invaluable!
- One of the best things about you is your ability to make us feel that the world is open to us and all we have to do is reach for it. :) My daughter was smiling from ear to ear when we finished and I felt very relieved also.
- Thank you for all you do. You always make things special and fun for the kids. We love your attitude and enthusiasm.
- You are ever so thoughtful and making people feel so welcome. And as always, it was so great to see your smiling face and feel the exuberant presence you bring to a room. We as TEA families are blessed to have you as our "fearless leader".
- Thank you so much for a wonderful graduation celebration today! My family and I were so impressed with how warm and intimate the commencement ceremony was. My mother in law even commented that this was the "best" graduation she has ever attended (and she has been to quite a few for her grandchildren. I am extremely honored to be a part of The Excelsior Academy family.
- Thanks for all you did for us. Homeschooling was the best decision we could have made.
- You words of encouragement kept me going many a day.
- Our homeschool community is so blessed to have you as a leader. The love and dedication you give to each and every kid is just amazing!
- I remember last summer when I was thinking about doing this and full of fear - you said "if you do this, I guarantee when we talk next year you'll tell me your son is happier, is making friends and things are working much better." Well, you were completely right. Your words stuck with me and it has all come true. I'm taking it a year at a time - but I must say I can't really see myself ever sending him back to traditional school. We'll see, but for now, this is working!! Thanks a bunch